Monday, October 6, 2008

A case of the Mondays...

Happy Tuesday Morning everyone!

It's Monday night and I just finished my 50 minute run. It was a tough one because I haven't hit the pavement and put on my running shoes since last Tuesday. You see, Kyle brought home a cold bug last Wednesday and he had a pretty bad cold all last week and is still fighting off the congestion and cough. I have a pretty weak immune system so of course, the first day he came home sick I started to get a tickle in my throat. Therefore, I've spent the last few days trying my best to keep from getting a full blown cold. Drinking OJ, taking my vitamins, getting plenty of rest and best of all, I made a HUGE pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for the two of us to eat over the weekend. I think it all worked because I feel much better and managed to escape a real cold but I spent all my energy trying to stay healthy and missed out on all my runs.

However, the first day back to running after 5 full days off was pretty hard. I did a total of 4.5 miles but found my shins and calves getting sore and I needed to stop and stretch them every half mile, sometimes walking a lap or two around the track. I'm not sure if it's because I had so much time off or if it's because I ran a pretty quick mile (10 minutes) my first mile on the track. I was really excited to be running again! Seriously, I've gotten to the point where I really look forward to my runs and I missed them these past couple of days. Tomorrow I'll be down in San Ramon for a track workout and then this Saturday we are doing 12 miles again, but don't worry, we'll be up to 16 miles before the end of the month. I'm not sure whether I should be scared (16 miles? yikes!) or ecstatic to have more accomplishments to look forward too?

Anyways, just a few quick reminders, if you are in the area, I'm hosting a fundraiser this Friday at Sports Basement in Walnut Creek from 6-9pm. It will be $10 at the door but that includes dinner, plus there are raffle tickets for sale (good prizes!) and you get 20% off everything in the store. Stock up or buy some Christmas presents!! Lastly, if you haven't yet donated, now is the time! I only have a few more weeks to accept donations!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honolulu08/cwebster

Thanks for all your support!

Peace, love & a cure!

Love, C.

No comments: