Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm still alive (after another 12 miles!)


Hello everyone!


I'm sorry I haven't written in a whole week! It's been a busy one. Saturday, we had another 12 mile run and it was a tough one. The first couple of miles I felt alright, but my legs were a little sore and my nose kept running- I was stopping practically every mile to blow my nose. It became pretty annoying. With the seasons changing, I find my California allergies acting up. I call them CA allergies because I never had allergies back home in Michigan.


Kyle ran the whole 12 miles with me, which was a special treat because he is usually much faster than me but he was great motivation and kept me going. We did the whole route, in 2 hours 42 minutes- not bad, considering all the water stops we took, the traffic stops, and the darn nose blowing stops. I was exhausted after the run and was looking forward to a hot shower and a nap! Here's a picture of the two of us on mile 9!


We also did a hill workout tonight- it was a great trail....EXCEPT... it was pitch black and we spent most of the time trying not to trip on a rock or fall down a hill. I'm also having some pain in my right leg from this weekend and that made it a tough run today. But it was beautiful...rolling hills, full moon and city lights off in the distance. I would love to run it again before sun down, but maybe not until my legs feel a little better.


I also wanted to take a moment and ask you to make a donation ( if you haven't already) to help fund the research to fund a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and other blood cancers. It's a great cause and I'm hoping all these miles I'm logging will actually help make a difference- BUT I NEED YOUR HELP TOO! http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honolulu08/cwebster


Thanks for your help and support (and for reading my blog)


PEACE, LOVE & a CURE!


Love, C.


No comments: