Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So, I know it's been a whole week again! Time is hard to come by these days as we spend more and more time training for the marathon, which is less than 8 weeks away at this point. When I'm not training, I'm fundraising because I'm starting to get a little worried about my fundraising pot. I need to have $3,900 raised by Dec. 14th and I only have about 30% so far! Yikes! Otherwise, the funds are coming out of my pocket and we all know I'm not a millionaire. :P

So besides for my fundraising worries, I've been doing my normal weekday runs except I'm still experiencing calf and shin pain whenever I get moving. I try to ignore it while I'm out on a run and I am sure to roll them and stretch them when I have the chance but I hope it heals soon! We are scheduled for a 16 mile run on Saturday and it won't be very much fun if I'm in pain the whole time. Send some healing prayers my way if you can!

Today was another track run and there weren't too many people there because many of my teammates ran the Nike 1/2 marathon this weekend in San Francisco and are recovering still. GO TEAM! WOO-HOO! and they all kicked butt, running up those big SF hills! Good job!

But back to the track workout, Shannon and I ran together today and it was great. I usually help set the pace and this allowed us to finish our workout nice and steady. We did 3 laps (fast!), then walked 1/2 a lap, then we ran 2 laps (fast!), then walked 1/2 a lap, and then ran 1 lap (fast!) and walked 1 full lap before completing the whole "ladder" sequence over. Considering we are both usually around 11-12 minute milers, we did pretty well with our longest lap at 2:45 and our shortest at 2:10. Good job Shannon! Thanks for your help and motivation! I'm so lucky to have such a great team!

Well, to finish out for the night, here is a video that I thought was pretty inspiring. Please take a minute to watch it!



And please take a moment to make a generous donation (http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honolulu08/cwebster) if you haven't already to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society- you can HELP SAVE LIVES!




PEACE, LOVE & a CURE! -C.

No comments: